Sunday, May 18, 2008

Chiffon Shirt

I made this top a few years ago and I still wear it. I used a basic shirt pattern and didn't even bother about putting the collar on, darts in or buttons on. I rolled the hem (to stop fraying) and then used brown braid around all the hems to finish it off. I cut 2 triangle pieces for each sleeve and created open sleeves and used the brown braid around the hems. With nice chifon fabric, you don't even need a collar or hard sleeves to insert, so simple but effective! This will be in my collection.
Here you can see the sleeves with the slit at the top to open them. Of-course you wear it with a lycra singlet top underneath.
Please give me some feedback whether you like this top or have any suggestions?

Have a nice day!
Lee-Anne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this top, very Lee-Anne! Its so feminine I think it will be a real hit! I would love to see it in dark colours too (i.e Red,Black) which may make it a bit more wearable for night functions etc also for those who may not be able to wear that particular colour combination.

Jeannette x

Anonymous said...

I agree Jeannette. A great top that would suit many different body types. Beautiful fabric!

:) Carolyn