Sunday, September 28, 2008

Painted dress

I am constantly buying fabric that is different and buying pieces that I love. Sometimes I can picture a style straight away and want to get stuck into it then & there, but other times I love the fabric but struggle to see something out of it... Then I get frustrated, cuz I desperately want to use the beautiful fabric but not sure what to do. I know now that I should WAIT until that brilliant idea pops into my head!

I always loved this fabric and I hesitated buying it, until that day it was all gone!!!! The only piece left was hanging high on the wall as a display, so I had it saved for me. I couldn't wait to sew something out of it, but didn't know what I could fit out of 1 mtr!

A few days ago I had this idea in my head and I knew it would suit the fabric!

The fabric is black silk chiffon and it is hand-painted with gold & red paint in this beautiful pattern. As there is not much of the pattern on the material :( I had to be careful to fit as much on it as possible. I have lined the dress with black Monte-Carlo (heavy crepey fabric)
The dress has a red satin panel across the front & back and up to the shoulder. At the shoulder I have made a flat red bow.
I am really pleased with this top/dress and wore it to a wedding last night with black pants!

Now I will always wait until I have that perfect idea in my head until I chop up that perfect piece of fabric!

Lee-Anne

No comments: