Friday, November 5, 2010

Closing of my favourite Fabric Store!

Today I decided to take a trip to my favourite Fabric store(Fabric Gallery), which is just a convenient 5mins drive, and I was so shocked to find out they are closing! NOOOO!!!!!! Their sales have dropped so much in the last 6 months, that no-one is sewing anymore, sewers even opting for the China made BigW, KMart, Target clothes for their special occasion wear.... and they can't compete, NOOO (bloody GFC), where's everyones creativity!!!!! Where am I going to go for my quick 4.45pm Saturday emergency's? Maybe I'll need to get organised and not sew "that" top or dress hours before we run out the door, ummmm.... can't see that happening!

I made a dress for a client over a month ago and nothing seemed to go right for me! It was beautiful fabric that just didn't suit the type of dress. I tried a few ways to get it to fit, but nothing seem to work. I unpicked, bought more fabric, re-cut, re-lined, re-sew, days later and still no luck. I was so frustrated and disappointed that I couldn't get it right. To top it off, it all happened on the week we received some terrible family news...... so my creative streak was not there.... So sorry Emma..... :(

Anyway, here are some pics of the dress on the dummy. How can a simple looking dress cause me so much grief! Chiffon you use to be my favourite, now I official hate chiffon!


Cheers Lee-Anne

No comments: