Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mum's 60th!

A few weekends ago we celebrated my mums 60th birthday with a party at Mt Lawley Golf Club. Lots of family, friends, food & drinks!
Here is my wonderful family: Talia, me, John(husband), Mum, Richie(bro in-law), Dad, Stacey(sis) & Austin(nephew).
Here is Talia's party dress I made. I made it out of remenants, using hot pink satin for the slip dress with a chiffon, net & ribbon swirling design. It looked so cute. I also made a cute headband to match! I don't have a detailed pic of it, so pics to come soon! I also made mum's b'day cake. Awesome choc-mud muffins with ganache on the top. My Aunty Jean also helped ice them. Sooo yummy!!!!!! I wanted to sew a dress for myself, but ran out of time... So I wore this Teal dress I made for Aunty Jeans 60th a few years ago, I was lucky it still fit me otherwise I would've been sewing all night.... I'll take some good pics of it later as I love this dress!
We also had more great pics taken by Jeannette. I hope you had a wonderful party mum, HAPPY 60th!
Cheers Lee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos Lee (and Jeanette ofcourse). Your dress is gorgeous and so is Talia's. You're so clever. Next time I'm going somewhere fancy I think I'll ask you to make me something. I always love what you make. Take care! Love Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot the cupcakes were awesome! Shaun would like the recipe please...