Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ciara's Ball Dress

Over Christmas I made this beautiful Ball Dress for a friends daughter. It turned out amazing and got my confidence up for sewing Ball Dresses again. I loved doing it and it looked fab on Ciara. She came to me with a tricky design, but I think I managed to sew it exactly how she wanted it....
I managed to make the pattern myself with only a few adjustments. A few tricky bits were the curved side pieces around the bust and the point at the lower back... A lot of hand sewing with bead and the front diamond feature. The "Royal Blue" colour looked gorgeous with her striking long black hair.

I was waiting for a photo of Ciara in her dress, but sorry Ciara, couldn't wait to post it! I will put a photo up later, as people always love seeing the end product on someone.

Cheers Lee-Anne

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Looks great Lee! can see you have put a lot of effort into it :)