Saturday, February 21, 2009

Tutu Dress

I am so excited to post these photo's! I have been waiting for weeks.... I made a Tutu dress for a friends 21st birthday party. Over xmas we went shopping for fabric and picked the light green crushed tafetta up for $10 a metre! I love bargins!!! I have been working on this creation since xmas, hence why there were not many posts in January.

The dress turned out perfectly and was exactly what Lydia wanted, so I was exremely happy with the finished product. So there is lots of photo's in this post!!!

I made a seperate top & skirt, so it can be worn again as the top would look gorgeous with pants.


Here is the back of the dress, which has a lace up back.


Here is some of the handsewn jewels, beads and sequins to make up the gorgeous detail.

After looking at the garment on a dressmaking dummy for weeks, it is amazing to see it on Lydia!

Happy 21st Birthday Lydia! We hope you had a wonderful party last night! It was a pleasure sewing for you!
What a great idea Jutta (Lydia's mum) had, get everyone to sign the calico! FAB!



I hope you have enjoyed looking at these photo's!!

Lee-Anne

3 comments:

Kate said...

That dress is amazing Lee!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it turned out so well! It shows your skills too - that would not have been easy to make! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! and it looks great on her. I want one! lol