Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sarong Top

I had seen this beautiful Silk Ciffon material in a georgous yellow and it has a flower sequin pattern on it, but is was over $35 a metre. Everytime I went to the shop I always wanted to buy some and i never knew what to sew in it... I went there the other day and it was all gone!! I always check out the remanent box and I found some down the bottom, about 70cm worth and I knew I could make something out of it! I love remanents!!! I also love sewing with Silk Chiffon, it is one of my favourites and it flows so nicely.

I had an idea to make a top like a sarong, it matched the colour, the flow of the material and something you can dress up or dress down. I wore it to the Cirque Du Soile last Sunday and had a comment from a lady while I was there, so i might put it in my collection....

You can wear the tie to the side or the front

I will also adjust the pattern a bit better, so it can be a versatile sarong skirt!

Let me know if you like this type of top and what you would wear it with?

Happy Valentines Day everyone!
Lee-Anne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! very summery!and i love the colours. I would wear it as a top over my bathers, definitely!