Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Aunty's FAB jacket!

My Aunty Jean asked me if I would help her sew a Jacket for a wedding she is going to this weekend. I asked her to bring what she wanted to wear and we went shopping at the material store. She showed me the material she liked and then we looked for a pattern.

She chose a black velvet stretch with nice silver glitter flowers on it. We used gathered Black organza around the neck (instead of doing a collar) and sleeve edges, the jacket is fully lined. Aunty Jean sewed most of this herself and did a fab job! I hope you have the courage to tackle something yourself now.

The jacket is the attraction piece to the whole outfit and it looks great with a black skirt and blue top. It took a lot of convincing from Carolyn & myself to get Aunty Jean to wear a plain black skirt.Here you can see the organza ruffles

Aunty Jean if I see a photo from the wedding and you are wearing your silver skirt, LOOKOUT!


Lee-Anne

No comments: