Sunday, July 12, 2009

Brown & Cream Jacket

I'm not too sure about this jacket, it might take me a while to get use to... as it didn't quiet turn out how I pictured in my head and something just doesn't look right symetrically about it...
I wanted to create a short waited jacket with some large fur bands around the arms, waist and neck. I tried to create a look with the seams on the outside and some fur braid down the seams.

I used some brown wool/synthetic I picked up as a remenant piece and I have added some soft cream fur to create a feature. The jacket is lined with some lightweight cotton and it is really warm. My mum suggested it needed a large cream fur flower at the top of the jacket to balance the top to the bottom, so I might give that a go. ummmm....

Any suggestions??
Happy sewing, Lee-Anne

No comments: